Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Addi Rose!

As her birthday comes closer. I am not ready to watch this girl turn 6. Nothing about Adelyn has been on time, predictable, or calm. Which are very much her traits. Many of you have heard her story and my pregnancy with her, while others not. The blog post is still around (somewhere) and I share it from time to time. It too has helped many moms to find calming and understanding when faced with similar situations. I look back now and think. That is Addi. To a tee. Unpredictable. Strong. Tough. Stubborn. But always shows a glimmer of hope, love, and calmness when moments get crazy. Her sense of pushing limits and testing rules. Her mischievous listening skills that may not be like I asked, but she ends up with the same result I ask. She is smart and will conquer mountains. She is tough and can stare any challenge in the face.  She has her own style and does things at her own pace. If you ask something of her that she doesn't want to do, you will get a sluggish return, but if you make it challenging for her she will do it bigger and better then expected. She doesn't take easy roads. 

She is the first to call me Mommy. She showed me what unconditional, unrelenting, unselfish love was like on this side of heaven.  She coined the phrase "a kiss and a hug". Up until this year yellow was "lello". She has a quirky style and it makes me nervous when she dresses herself. She is as smart as a whip and should you question her antics you need to be ready and prepared for an interrogation. Scratch that. You always need to be ready for an interrogation. Even if your folding clothes. She can fold a sheet better then an adult, and can make a bed complete with throw pillows and dolls better then I can. She talks non-stop and her wheels are always spinning. She makes Ben and I nervous because she aims to please, and her heart gets broken easily when she knows she may not have or hurt someone's feelings. As a parent that's a tough pill to swallow. But hopefully we can protect her heart while we can. She loves God and regularly reads her bible. She talks to him and loves saying prayers. She is a pro at saying grace for meals and often reminds me of Clark's grandmother at Christmas singing the star spangled banner (this is a Christmas Vacation Reference), since she will more then likely end up singing another song to Him during grace. She loves to go to church and it's amazing to see Him in her. 

To my little spitfire. Happy Birthday (in 2 days) Mommy loves you. I can't believe you will be 6. It just doesn't seem real. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment