Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Not Lucky but Blessed.

I'm not unlucky or lucky. I'm blessed. I am learning that all things are given to me by God. It's His will I am where I am. 

I can look back get caught in negatives and the why's. And trust me there have been a lot. But I am blessed. 

When I look back I can see his reasoning for every heartache, blunder, joy, trial, person (either entering or exiting) in my life. 

God gave me a man whose strengths are very much my weaknesses. We are on opposite sides in dealing with personality traits but share the same corny, fun/loving, crazy humor. We test each other to our limits but love unconditionally. We recently did a small group called Love and Respect. A Christian focus on relationships and marriage. It opened our eyes to each other. It drew emphasis to our differences and held a clear understanding for us. It's ok to be imperfect. Marriage isn't easy or as easy as Facebook makes it look.  Thats not realistic. I am so happy God gave me someone who is growing with me. He takes me for me, in all of my fine sofisticated glory 😜

Another blessing? My Adelyn. This girl. She is the first to call me Mommy. She was a gift sent from heaven. A tough pregnancy that beat the odds. If only then I knew how much she would challenge me. She is smart. Quirky. Funny. Stubborn. Strong. But under that surface is a little girl who wants to please and love. She coined the phrase "A kiss and a hug". Although we have stopped her from kissing people (lol) she still loves hugs. She will grill me so I have to be prepared. Before I speak, all ducks have to be in a row. If one duck is misplaced she will find it and hit me with questions until I'm at a loss for words. She is next to impossible to outsmart and she won't let you slip by with anything. She is strong willed and keeps me on my toes. I love her spunk her kisses and hugs. I love her none stop questions and her ability to read any situation. I just love her. 

And then there is Aubrey. Aka Little Mess. She has that name for various reasons. She is messy, hilarious, dangerous, strong, and tough. Living outside would be ok with her. But with me she is cuddly, lovable, and has a calming affect. She is my serenity on many days. I say with me because there are few she calms down to snuggle with. I get Aubrey. She reminds me so much of me. Her heart, her smile, her innocence about life. She is outspoken and mixes up words to make her sentences have you doubled over in laughter. "Aubrey what are you doing?" "I not doing something". Or. "Aubrey, color on the paper. "I are, mommy. I are." She has a heart of gold and would sacrifice the last of anything to give to someone else.  She will go without if someone else wants what she has. She is uncomfortable when seeing others in pain, and can easily have her feelings hurt. She is truly a sunshine.

I am so happy that amoung out trials I have been blessed with my little family to share it with. So who are your blessings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment